Painting is drawn on wood and painted loosely with acrylics... not really sure what I am going to do with it...
Then I add some oils to the face and background for texture and creamy look...
Details to faces...

and then I add collage ( this I feel is the hardest part...because I have such a hard time finding just the right matches with the painting!( I am a little OCD here!)
coming up with a name wasn't hard at all though..
"Lollipops, gumballs and lemon drops" YUM! I'm still a kid at heart!

Well I am almost done but now I feel it needs something.. I'll put it away until I can come up with inspiration...
Thanks all for the nice comments.. have a great Week!
11 comments:
You are SOOOO good!!
Thanks for sharing, I love seeing how others peoples work develops! I always get the faces done first, isn't it funny how we all do it differently?
Just beautiful. Only discovered your blog today and i'm glad I did. x
This is the cutest! Thank you for sharing your process too. I love to see the different stages a painting goes through. :)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
I love to see work in progress. Honestly sometimes my favorite stage is not always the end result. For instance I love, love, love the blue and green of the backgrounds and while I do think it turned out awesomely (I think I might have made up that word?) I am also so glad I got to see the beginning stages because they are cool!
Loved seeing your process! ...and welcome back to blogland!!
I am WIP addict! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful painting..I love it.
Thanks girls. I love to see WIP's also!
You're in the EBSQ Friday Five!
Oh no, now you've gone and made me want to take up oils! I love the creamy effect! I get a bit overwhelmed when I think of all of the different mediums and the different techniques for each medium! I'm limiting myself to pastel and acrylic at the moment. Maybe I can dedicate 2012 to oils?! Perhaps.
Post a Comment